So you consider yourself an editorial expert. Great! We’re looking for something a little more than expert though. We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes grammar and spelling. We need someone who is scrutinizing every detail of this job add and rolling their eyes at the questionable grammar choices.
Sound familiar? We need you!
We’re a media company that runs a number of blogs. We’re looking for an expert Home and Garden Editor who can help us expand our sites. We’re making a big push to ensure that our sites0 have a bright and promising future, and you’ll be a huge part of making that happen.
There’s just one other thing we’ll need from you.
You’ll need to have a little bit of knowledge in The Home and Garden niche. You don’t have to be the next guru, but you’ll need to have at least a good working knowledge of a broad range of topics in the niche and be able to provide insightful advice and feedback to our writing team.
Just some of your duties will be:
- Proofreading articles from the writing team
- Ensuring articles flow naturally as well as be optimized for SEO
- Fact-checking articles where required
- Pushing back on the writers when things aren’t;t quite right
- Working with the content uploader to get the articles on the site in a timely manner
- Assisting with image selections for the articles
Still reading? Great!
So, what’s in it for you? It will start of with a few jobs a week, and progress into near full-time work as the site grows.
If you need access to any particular tools, we are happy to discuss these with you.
You’ll also get to be part of an exciting, growing project with a bright future and for which we have big plans in the pipeline.
Bonus Points If:
- You are well versed in modern SEO writing practices
- You are familiar with tools such as POP, Surfer SEO etc
- You have experience in keyword research
- Must have at least 2+ years Editing experience
- Must have Home and Garden Editing samples
- Willing to complete a paid trial
- Competitive rates
- Consistent workload every week
- Flexible deadlines