We’re looking for a damn good editor to join our team. If you’ve had experience editing articles and know how to take an article from the very rough stages on to perfection, then we want to hear from you.
- Brainstorming and creating titles for clients to choose from
- Creating assignments for writers on the team (3-4 writers)
- Doing keyword research (We have a tool to help with this, it takes about 20 minutes per assignment)
- Sending assignments to writers
- Updating content calendar with assignments and at different stages (Google sheets is fine)
- Content editing and line editing the work and reverting it to the writer if changes are needed
- Proofing and final editing along with final checks to ensure it’s in line with client standards
- Polishing up the introductions to make them engaging
- Running articles through Grammarly
- Basic image editing: Using Shutterstock’s built-in editor to overlay the image with title text
- Sending final articles to CEO for last checks
- Writing 1-2 articles per month for new clients
- Being available for 1-hr a month for team meetings
A way with words. Can you craft prose that really grabs your audience’s attention?
Exceptional editing skills. Articles arrive from writers in draft format, and are often very vanilla. They will require fine-tuning to make them shine and ensure they align with ours/client’s standards.
Team management skills. (Can be learned as long as you’re a great team player).
You MUST also have a working knowledge of digital marketing (very important), and the ability to conduct careful research and do fact-checking.
We are offering .03 USD per word for editing tasks, plus $12USD/hr for all additional tasks (creating assignments/title research/SEO/team management/content calendar updating/images/etc.)
(Fixed work-week of 22 hrs/week)
This is a contract position, so you can work on your own time as long as deadlines are met.
USA-based applicants only. (Non-negotiable for this position).
Please register your interest by filling out the following form: